Troubleshooting your Fibre broadband connectivity problems
There are many things that may cause problems with the quality or speed of your connection. Before you call us you should run through the following quick fix guide.
- Reboot your router - Turn it off at the plug socket, leave it off for 10 minutes then turn it back on.
- Reboot your modem - Turn the Openreach modem off at the plug socket. Leave ts for a few seconds then run it back on.
- Hardwire your network - If you're using wireless, plug an Ethernet cable from the back of the router directly into you computer.
- Exclude any extension wiring - Make sure your router is plugged directly into the master socket and any other equipment plugged into the master socket or extensions is unplugged.
- Check your phone line - Plug a phone into your master socket and make sure you can make and receive calls. Check there is no noise on the line by dialing 17070 from your landline. if there is a problem with your phone line you should call you telephony provider.
If your problems persist please give our technical team a call.